Thursday, January 22, 2015

Is it compulsory to do coaching to crack Bank PO or Clerk Exams?

The answer to this question depends on a number of factors and thus I cannot answer it simply in either yes or no. I will like to share my own experience with the readers first. I started preparing for bank exams in August 2010. I came to Lucknow for bank preparation and thus enrolled in one of the reputed coaching institutes here. However, after attending the classes for about a week, something unexpected happened. One of my friends informed me about a vacancy in a private company in Lucknow. I went for the interview and was selected. I joined the company thinking that I will attend the classes after my job timings. Later, I found that I was not able to reach on time for the classes due to traffic jams on road while returning. As a result, I was not able to attend the classes further. I kept doing self preparation and kept appearing for exams from individual banks. At that time (Year 2010), there was no concept of IBPS. I failed in all those exams but after about 6 months of preparation, I did understand the basics.

Here is what happened thereafter:
IBPS PO 1(Yr 2011) : Qualified written with 153 score. I was not called for interview as score was less.
IBPS PO 2 (Yr 2012) : Failed to qualify written as I had 1 marks less in reasoning section. I qualified in all other sections.
IBPS PO 3 (Yr 2013): Qualified written with score of 69. Thereafter, I appeared for interview in January 2013.
The intention of sharing my experience with all of you is that if I can qualify the written exams with self preparation, you can do it too. However, if you want to learn shortcuts or have less age remaining as eligibility, you can consider joining coaching for bank PO and clerk exams. There are various other benefits of bank coaching institutes as well. Let us now discuss the benefits of coaching institutes and how to utilize them effectively.

How coaching institutes help in preparation of Bank PO and Clerk Exams?

There are lots of benefits of joining bank exam coaching.  Let us discuss them one by one:
1) Good environment for preparation: First benefit is that you get a good environment for preparation at the coaching institute.
2) Tricks to save time in exam: The teachers in coaching institutes teach special tricks so that the student can save time in online bank exam.

3) Practice tests for evaluation: The coaching institutes also provide practice tests for evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment